Terms and Conditions
Payment and Booking
- All booked lessons must be paid for and once a lesson is booked, the fee for that lesson is non-refundable subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
- If for any reason you do need to cancel a lesson, where you give more than 48 hours notice you will be entitled to a full refund. If you give between 24 and 48 hours notice of cancellation, you will only be charged 50% of the lesson fee. Anything less than 24 hours and you incur the full lesson fee.
- Exceptionally, refunds and/or re-scheduling of lessons may be permitted at the absolute discretion of the instructor. The general rule, however, is that once a booking is made, the student (or their parents depending on the age of the student) is liable for the lesson fee.
- At the time of booking your first lesson (i.e. if you are a new client to the instructor), you must provide your name, contact telephone number and email address. The instructor will provide his email address and contact telephone number.
- At the time of attending the first lesson, you will be required to complete a “personal details” form.
- Individual lessons must be paid for on the day the lesson is taken (in advance of the lesson). No payment – no lesson, but you will still be liable for that lesson fee.
- “Packages” of lessons (usually sold in groups of 5, 10 or 20 lessons) can only be taken by the person named at the time the package is purchased. Therefore, if you are buying a package of lessons as a gift, specify the name of the person you are giving the lessons to! The packages are not transferable to any other person other than at the absolute discretion of the instructor, which discretion will only be exercised in exceptional circumstances.
- All packages must be paid for in full at the time of taking the first lesson in the package.
- Lessons can be paid for in cash or via PayPal. Please see the website or talk to the instructor for further payment details.
- Once purchased, a package of 5 lessons is valid for 10 weeks from the date of purchase. A package of 10 lessons is valid for 16 weeks from the date of purchase. A package of 20 lessons is valid for 30 weeks from the date of purchase. You will be given a voucher specifying the date of purchase.
- If the package voucher is lost, it is not replaceable or refundable other than at the absolute discretion of the instructor, which discretion will only be exercised exceptionally.
- From time to time the instructor may not be able to provide instruction on a given day through illness, pre-booked holiday or other circumstances. If this arises, the lesson will either be re-scheduled or the instructor will make arrangements for the lesson to be given by an alternative instructor. In either event, the instructor will notify you as to what is happening.
- All students must wear appropriate inline or roller skates, wrist guards and knee pads at all times during the lessons. Any students under the age of 16 must also wear elbow pads and a helmet approved to EEC safety standards. Elbow pads and helmets are strongly recommended for students over the age of 16 years, but are not compulsory. No equipment – no lesson, and no refund.
- Rollerblading/inline skating is a sport that comes with inherent risk of injury. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that injury is avoided, sometimes accidents will happen. By accepting the terms and conditions, you agree to follow the direction given by the instructor. The direction is designed to avoid and minimise the risk of injury. If you do not follow the instructions given, the instructor nor the school is responsible for any injury or loss incurred as a result.
- Equally, sometimes injuries can occur even when instructions are followed due to the inherent risk involved in the sport. Neither the instructor nor the school is responsible for any injury or loss incurred as a result of any skating or rollerblading activity undertaken whilst in the care of the instructor, howsoever any such injury or loss is caused.
- By accepting the terms and conditions, you are warranting that there is no medical reason why you should not participate in the sport. Further, you are warranting that if at any time you are advised or notified of any medical condition or injury that might affect your ability to safely participate in lessons, you will inform your instructor immediately. No liability can be accepted for any loss or injury arising as a result of your failure to keep your instructor properly informed.
- If you have been cautioned by your doctor or any other medical practitioner about participation in sports, you will provide a medical certificate as to your ability to so participate before any lessons are undertaken. No refunds can be provided if lessons are purchased and you are not then able to obtain such a certificate.
- Ultimately, it is at the absolute discretion of the instructor as to whether a student is accepted for a lesson. The instructor has absolute right of refusal to teach if there is a reasonable belief that the safety of the student or anyone else will be compromised. No refunds can be given in such circumstances.
- No pets allowed at any lessons under any circumstances.
- All lessons are conducted subject to satisfactory weather conditions.
- If the weather conditions are not safe/satisfactory for lessons to take place, the instructor will contact you in advance of the lesson to reschedule – no refunds will be given for rescheduled lessons, but no extra fees are payable either.
- If you are unsure about the weather conditions, contact the instructor. If he says the lesson is going ahead, then it is going ahead. If you then decide not to attend the lesson, you will be liable for the fee for that lesson (see payment and booking above).
Conduct of Lessons
- Always do as your instructor asks.
- The attendance of a parent or legal guardian is required throughout the lesson for all students under the age of 16.
- There are a number of basic rules that all students are required to follow. Always skate smart, legally, be alert and be polite – to your instructor, fellow students and other road/park users. This means the following:
Always wear your protective gear (see Safety above).
Keep your equipment in proper working order so that it is safe to use. This is what is meant by “appropriate inline or roller skates” under safety above.
Obey all traffic and other regulations applicable to the area in which you are skating. If you are not sure about something, ask your instructor.
Skate under control at all times
Watch out for and avoid potential hazards – this includes warning others where necessary
Avoid skating through water, oil, sand and other deposits that might be left on the road surface
Do not skate in traffic unless you are told to do so by your instructor and he is escorting you.
Always skate on the left-hand side and pass other skaters on the right
Announce your intention to pass by saying “passing on the right” – not everyone has eyes in the back of their head
Always give way to pedestrians, horses and cyclists